Looking for top free driver updater for your Windows? The below list provides best free tools to download and install drivers in Windows.
A driver or device driver is an essential piece of software that each device or hardware component needs in order to perform specific functions. Proper working of a device driver is very important for the smooth functioning of your Windows computer and therefore the best driver updater software is required for automatic driver updates. We have compiled the complete list of the best free driver updater for Windows 10 in 2022 to help you update your device drivers automatically.
There are myriads of free driver updater Windows 10, 11, 8 or 7 tools available in the market but not every one of them can update the device drivers efficiently. We have shortlisted 10 of the best driver update software to simplify your selection. Pick the top 10 driver updaters or other free automatic driver updater to simplify the task of updating drivers. Also, the list contains a few other prominent driver update tools that performed exceptionally well.
What Are the Best Driver Updater for Windows 10 in 2022?
To help you find out the best driver update software, we did a performance analysis (Detection of Outdated Drivers, Database Quality, Efficiency to Update Drivers, Ease of Use, etc.) of these top driver updater tools and have ranked them accordingly so you can make the right decision. Our next segment focuses on the same. It will help you find the best driver updater for PC and laptop.
Editor’s Choice – Bit Driver Updater
Bit Driver Updater has earned our “Editor’s Choice Award” for best free driver updater for Windows 10 and previous versions due to its rich driver management features, ease-of-use, and exceptional performance. Whether you have outdated, missing, or defective drivers, this software can automatically update them to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions in just a single click.
Well-Researched List of Best Driver Update Software For Windows in 2022 (Free & Paid)
Read the complete list to download free driver updater for Windows 10, 11 or older version device. Choose the best free driver updater software to automatically update the outdated device drivers on your Windows PC with the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers.
1. Bit Driver Updater: Best Driver Updater Free
Bit Driver Updater is at the top of the chart of best driver installers when it comes to improving the performance, hardware functioning, and stability of your computer.
Once installed, the application performs a complete system scan to detect defective drivers and then downloads and installs the latest ones to enhance the working of your system.
Apart from acting as the best Windows driver scanner and optimizing system drivers, it also takes a backup of all the existing device drivers for easy restoration.
This multi-function utility brings together the most powerful features that are incomparable to any other best free driver updater software for Windows 10 available in the market.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Bit Driver Updater
Installation Path: “C:\Program Files\Bit Driver Updater\bitdu.exe”
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Bit Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: Bit Guardian GmbH
Key Features of Bit Driver Updater:
Below are the few remarkable features that makes this driver update utility a clear winner for the top spot.
- Most Compatible Utility: It fully supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7.
- Fast & Accurate Scanning: Its automatic PC scanning process efficiently identifies out-of-date or defective drivers.
- One-Click Driver Update: After scanning, it installs the latest, genuine drivers in one-click.
- Up-to-date, Extensive Driver Database: It contains thousands of official driver updates to fix any kind of hardware compatibility problems.
- Complete Driver Backups: It takes a complete backup of all existing Windows drivers to help you restore unwanted changes.
- Optimized Windows Performance: It takes care of all driver-related issues and gives you the supercharged PC performance, always.
- Smart System Optimizer: It improves the stability and hardware-functioning of your PC to help you keep it in the best possible state.
How to Use Bit Driver Updater?
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to update drivers using driver repair software Bit Driver Updater.
- Download and install the tool on your laptop or desktop computer.
- After successful installation, launch the tool and press the ‘Scan Drivers’ option to detect all the problematic drivers.
- Analyze the driver scan results and click on the ‘Update Now’ button next to the drivers you wish to update.
- If you want to update all of the faulty drivers at once, you can select the ‘Overview’ option from the left-side pane, and then choose the ‘Update All’ button.
- Easy-to-use application with simple interface
- One-click driver update functionality
- Supercharged Windows performance
- Installs only genuine drivers to resolve hardware compatibility problems
- Complete driver backup and restore options
- 24*7 Customer Support
- Not compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
Pro Tip: Schedule automatic driver scans to run on a recurring basis (daily,weekly,monthly) to maintain your hardware devices in good working condition.
Bit Driver Updater Price:
Bit Driver Updater is a 100% free driver updater for Windows users who only wish to scan and update drivers one by one. All those users who wish to automatically update all problematic drivers in one go and enjoy several other premium features can get the complete version of Bit Driver Updater for a cheap price of $39.96.
Why Should You Pick Bit Driver Updater?
After taking a close look at pros and cons list, we can say that this is an all-in-one free driver updater software available in the current marketplace. Unlike most driver update utilities, it not only helps check for driver updates but also allows users to installs them on their PC without asking a single penny in return. This makes it one of the best software to update drivers Windows 10 alternative.
Why Should You Not Pick Bit Driver Updater?
This driver updating tool is not recommended for users who are still using older versions of the Windows operating system such as Windows XP and Vista.
2. Quick Driver Updater: Highly Ranked Driver Updater Tool
Quick Driver Updater is a new entry in the list of best driver updater 2022 on the basis of the recent performance test that highlights it’s capability to find and update outdated, missing and corrupt drivers on a Windows machine. Anyone who wants to update outdated drivers without going through any kind of complicated procedure should install Quick Driver Updater right away. This program comes loaded with many powerful driver management features, making it the best utility for updating all outdated and corrupt drivers and fixing PC issues related to them.
Installation Folder:C:\Program Files\Quick Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Quick Driver Updater\qdu.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Quick Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: DIGITAL PROTECTION SERVICES S.R.L.
Key Features of Quick Driver Updater:
- Downloads & installs genuine manufacturer-provided drivers in just one-click.
- Saves your time that you might have wasted searching for driver download links online.
- Provides an instant performance boost for heavy tasks, i.e., gaming and video editing.
- Helps fix all compatibility and hardware-related problems in a jiffy.
How to Use Quick Driver Updater?
Downloading and installing the latest driver software using Quick Driver Updater is easy as pie. All you are need to do is just follow the below-mentioned steps to update all drivers Windows 10 free.
- Download the Quick Driver Updater setup to install the application on your system.
- After installing, run a full system driver scan.
- Once the scanning is completed, select the drivers that you want to update.
- The automatic installer will then download and install the most updated version of selected drivers.
- Fast, elegant and clutter-free interface
- Updates all faulty drivers at once in just one-click
- No need to shell out a single penny to update worn-out drivers
- Takes your computer’s performance a notch up
- Round the clock technical support for free
- Over 2,000,000 devices supported
- You need to upgrade to its premium version if you want to use highly advanced features
Pro Tip: Make sure to back upeverydriver installedon your computer so you always have the option to roll back to the previousdriver version if you don’t like the updated one.
Quick Driver Updater Price:
The premium version of Quick Driver Updater is also currently priced at $39.96 after a discount of 20%. The software also has a free version.
Why Should You Pick Quick Driver Updater?
This easy-to-use program encompasses a multitude ofpowerful features and pros that make it one of the best software to update drivers in Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Why Should You Not Pick Quick Driver Updater?
The downsides of this driver updating software do not carry a lot of weight as most of the users have the latest Windows version installed on their PCs.However, if you’re still using old Windows XP or Vista operating systems, then you can try to look for other programs.
3. Driver Booster: A Fantastic Driver Updater to Check for Driver Updates
Next program that updates all drivers is Driver Booster. Is your computer suffering from slow Wi-Fi connection problems? Tired of the poor sound quality or excess heating problems while playing your favorite game? Driver Booster is the one-stop solution for all your concerns; from faster scanning speed and large driver database to advanced driver update technology, it has everything you need to fix common Windows errors effortlessly.
Similar to other best driver updaters, Driver Booster offers a wide range of useful tools to help you auto-download and update drivers in real-time.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0
Installation Path: “C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0\DriverBooster.exe”
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0\unins000.exe
Signed By: IObit Information Technology
Key Features of Driver Booster:
- Accelerated scanning speed to help you get the correct drivers within a few seconds.
- Offers more than 3,000,000+ drivers to make sure your system drivers are always up-to-date.
- Identifies and updates outdated device drivers in real-time.
- Fixes common driver-related errors like BSOD (blue screen of death), crashes, stuttering problems, etc.
- Lightweight driver updater that helps improve the overall PC performance.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
How to Use Driver Booster?
Here are the essential steps that one needs to follow to use Driver Booster for updating PC drivers.
- At first, you have to install the application on your system
- After that, start scanning your PC for faulty drivers by clicking on the Scan button.
- Now, wait for a while (at least 2 minutes), until the driver scan finishes.
- Next, click on the Update button to auto-install the latest driver package.
- Large device driver database
- Accelerated scanning & driver download speed
- Fixes common PC problems
- Terminates background processes for uninterrupted gaming experience
- No limits on downloading drivers
- Supports both online and offline driver installations
- Free edition doesn’t detects all outdated drivers
- Often recommends other products from IObit which sometimes gets really annoying and ruins the experience.
- Needs too much hard drive space
Pro Tip: Always restart your laptop or desktop computer after updating your outdated or mismatched drivers with IObit Driver Booster.
Driver Booster Price:
The software comes in two versions: Driver Booster 8 Free & Driver Booster 8 Pro. The Pro version has two different pricing plans; the 1 PC plan is currently available at a discounted price of $19.95/ year, whereas the 3 PC plan is available at a discounted price of $22.95/ year.
Why Should You Pick Driver Booster?
If you’re looking for a program that can perform both online and offline driver updates, then Driver Booster is, without a doubt, one of the best driver updaters for Windows 32/64 bit that you can use in 2022.
Why Should You Not Pick Driver Booster?
The free version of the software only allows users to install two driver updates daily. Hence, if shelling out a few bucks is a huge problem for you, then you should avoid picking the Driver Booster tool.
4. Ashampoo Driver Updater: A Smart Utility to Update Outdated Drivers
Next on our list of software for updating drivers is Ashampoo Driver Updater. Tired of frequent system crashes, BSOD errors (blue screen of death),or unexpected shutdowns? Looking for an easy way to update drivers on Windows 10 PC? If yes, Ashampoo Driver Updater is what you need. It is a well-designed driver update program that provides your PC the much-needed boost by fixing driver-related issues.
It offers more than 400,000+ official drivers to help you fix hardware problems causing trouble to the functioning of your computer.
It is another best driver updater software for both professional & novice users seeking to scan and update device drivers effortlessly.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Driver Updater\ashpdu.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG
Key Features of Ashampoo Driver Updater:
- Quick and easy-to-use & setup.
- One-click driver updates to fix hardware problems and improve system performance.
- Easily fix & update your graphics drivers for enhanced gaming performance.
- Save your time and struggle to search for drivers manually on manufacturers’ websites. This powerful free driver software does it automatically for you.
- Supports all the latest Microsoft Windows versions.
How to Use Ashampoo Driver Updater?
One can try this amazing tool by following the simple instructions provided below.
- Install and launch Ashampoo Driver Updater on your PC.
- Next, select the Scan option available on the left side of the window to let this program find the latest available driver updates.
- After that, you can replace all of your old drivers with their latest versions by clicking on the ‘Update all’ button.
- Easy-to-use & setup
- Supports over 150,000 devices
- Maximizes system performance
- Creates backup of all available drivers
- Multilingual support
- Single license for 3 PCs
- Need to pay extra money to get their premium support
- Free trial version is not much efficient
- Does not support Windows 8.1, Vista, & XP
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for availabledriverupdates atregularintervals to reduce the risk of buggy driver problems, system crashes, and freezes.
Ashampoo Driver Updater Price:
The complete version of Ashampoo Driver Updater is currently available at a discounted price of $14.99/ 3 PCs for a one-year subscription.The software also offers a free version to identify driver issues on your PC.
Why Should You Pick Ashampoo Driver Updater?
If you’re looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use program to check for driver updates, then you may consider using this driver repair and update utility.
Why Should You Not Pick Ashampoo Driver Updater?
Poor outdated driver detection rate is one of the major reasons why should avoid Ashampoo Driver Updater and look for other Windows driver updaters.
5. ITL Driver Updater: Free Driver Updates Available
Moving ahead with driver updater for Windows 10 64 bit free download list is ITL Driver Updater. With its beautifully designed user-interface and colossal features ranks among the best driver updater software for Windows 10. This driver updater tool automatically scans and updates your outdated or broken drivers to help fix errors and potential device conflicts that are leading to computer freezing and crashing problems.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\ITL Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\ITL Driver Updater\itldu.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\ITL Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: INNOVANA THINKLABS LIMITED
Key Features of ITL Driver Updater:
From automatic scans and one-click updates to keeping backups, ITL Driver Updater is perfectly designed and programmed. Let’s have a quick glance at some of its powerful features:
- Auto-Scanning: It automatically scans your whole system for outdated, missing or broken drivers.
- One-Click Update: Update all your old and broken drivers to the latest compatible ones with a single click.
- Backup & Restore: Backup all your existing drivers so you can always restore the older version if you don’t like the updated ones.
- 200% Larger Driver Database: Checks and updates more than 160,000+ official device drivers from over hundreds of major brands.
- Faster Download Speed: ITL Driver Updater speeds up downloads by 300%, so you get the latest driver updates within a few seconds.
- Top-Notch PC Performance: Enjoy enhanced system performance and stability with the latest hardware drivers on your system.
- Exclusion List: Driver Exclusion list to help you leave out specific device drivers from being scanned or updated.
- Highly-Compatible: It supports all the recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
How to Use ITL Driver Updater?
Below are the simple steps to use ITL Driver Updater.
- Launch the ITL Driver Updater tool after successfully installing it on your PC.
- Start scanning your system for missing and defective drivers.
- Wait untilthe tool finishesthe driver scanning process.
- Once completed, review the generated list of old or broken Windows drivers. After that, select the driver you wish to repair and click on the ‘Update Now’ option.
- Downloads WHQL certified official drivers within a few seconds
- One-click driver updates
- Driver backup & restore options
- Fast and easy-to-use interface
- Supports more than 11 languages
- 200% larger driver database
- 24*7 technical support
- Doesn’t support older Windows editions like XP and Vista
Pro Tip: Accelerate the driver updating speed to replace your old or defective drivers with the new ones within a few seconds.
ITL Driver Updater Price:
The single-user license of ITL Driver Updater Pro version is currently available at the cost of$39.96 after a discount of 20%. The software also has a dedicated free version.
Why Should You Pick ITL Driver Updater?
This renowned driver updater downloads all the hardware-related updates from authentic sources, making it one of the best programs to update outdated drivers in Windows. It is by far one of the most suitable driver update tools that you may use if you don’t want to spend a fortune on updating missing drivers.
Why Should You Not Pick ITL Driver Updater?
Similar to Quick Driver Updater, the software is not an ideal option to try if your computer is running an operating system lower than Windows 7.
6. Driver Easy: A Beautifully-Designed Driver Update Checker Software
Continuing with our guide on Windows driver update utility another one on the list is Driver Easy. Don’t know how to update drivers for Windows 10? But, want to keep your computer’s hardware functioning at its best? To make it possible, all you need to do is get the best free driver updater for Windows 10 PC. And Driver Easy is indeed a good choice.
Also Read : Best Registry Cleaner Software For Windows 10/8/7
With the help of Driver Easy, you can fix all your potential hardware conflicts and update faulty drivers in just a few taps of your fingers. Driver Easy brings all the latest features and functionalities to solve common driver-related issues, making it one of the best driver update tools for Windows 10.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Easeware\DriverEasy
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Easeware\DriverEasy\DriverEasy.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Easeware\DriverEasy\unins000.exe
Signed By: Easeware Technology Limited
Key Features of Driver Easy:
- Smooth and efficient multi-layered drivers program.
- One-click fix feature to ensure your system runs at its peak performance.
- Auto backup & restore features help you roll back to the older version of drivers.
- More than 8 million fully-tested, certified drivers.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
How to Use Driver Easy?
Here are the simple steps to update your drivers using the impeccable Driver Easy software.
- Download the Driver Easy setup file and double-click on it to launch the installation wizard.
- Follow the simple on-screen instructions to install the program on your PC.
- Post successful installation, launch it on your laptop or desktop.
- Click on the ‘Scan Now’ button.
- After that, choose any driver from the list of scanned results that you want to update, and then press the ‘Update’ button next to it.
- Smooth and efficient driver software
- Offline scan feature
- Auto-backup & restore options
- Updates out-of-date & mismatched drivers in just 1 click
- Quick and advanced driver scanning engine
- Supports drivers scheduling
- Low CPU usage
- Slightly expensive product
- Free trial version offers only basic functionalities
- Doesn’t support bulk downloading of drivers
- Users need to install drivers manually in the free version
Pro Tip: Fed up with slow internet? Use the Offline Scan feature to install the latest network driver on your system.
Driver Easy Price:
Driver Easy offers a variety of plans to choose from. Starting with 1 PC license it goes to 100 PC licenses. The price for a 1-PC license is $29.95/ year, a 3-PC license is $59.90/ year, a 10-PC license costs $99.95/ year and the 100-PC license costs $795/year. Besides the plan, you can check the offers and order during the discount hours.
Why Should You Pick Driver Easy?
If we ignore the few limitations of this software, then the features such as offline driver scans and one-click fix make it one of the best driver updater software for Microsoft Windows.
Why Should You Not Pick Driver Easy?
The free version of Driver Easy offers only a basic set of features. Therefore, to unlock all the features and avail free tech support services, you need to purchase the full version of Driver Easy, which is slightly expensive compared to other similarly featured programs.
7. DriverHub: Best PC Driver Updater for Windows Desktops and Laptops
Moving ahead in the list another freeware driver updater is DriverHub. It is among the best completely free driver updaters for Windows 10 and older operating system versions to update PC drivers. This advanced driver update tool integrates an impressive suite of features such as free driver updates, automated driver scanning, and quick access to some useful tools.
Now, let’s have a quick look at the basic details and rich features of this best Windows driver updater software.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\DriverHub
Installation Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DriverHub\DriverHub.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files (x86)\DriverHub\DriverHubUninstaller.exe
Signed By: ROSTPAY LTD
Key Features of DriverHub:
- The program is completely free of viruses and malware.
- 100% free software to update outdated or corrupt drivers.
- Provides official drivers from popular vendors like Asus, Lenovo, Logitech, etc.
- Allows you to access some of the useful computer programs with just a single click.
- It lets you restore the old driver versions easily using the Recovery option.
How to Use DriverHub?
Following are some simple steps you need to perform to use this best tool to update drivers in Windows.
- The first step is to click the ‘Find now’ button to let this application scan your Windows computer for outdated or missing device drivers.
- Once the scan process finishes, a detailed list of drivers that require instant updation will appear.
- Next, you can tick the ‘Select All’ checkbox and click the ‘Install’ button to update all drivers at once. If you wish to update a specific driver, you need to switch from Simple to Advanced mode, select the item and click the Install button.
- Absolutely safe to use
- Download history
- Detailed driver information
- Official device drivers
- Installs optional software products or their components
- Strong internet connection is required
- Background mode is not supported
Pro Tip: During the DriverHub installation process, make sure you uncheck all the additional software or their components you don’t want to install.
DriverHub is freeware that means you don’t have to spend a single fortune on this application for downloading and installing Windows drivers.
Why Should You Pick DriverHub?
DriverHub is considered one of the best driver update software because of its ability to swiftly deal with system crashes, freezes, and other similar problems that are caused by outdated or incompatible drivers. Moreover, it incorporates some extra interesting features that make it a must-have software to update drivers.
Why Should You Not Pick DriverHub?
Something that can be considered as a downside of DriverHub software is that it proposes to install additional products and/or their components during the installation process.
8. Auslogics Driver Updater: A Lightweight Yet Power-Packed Driver Finder Tool
This tool from Auslogics occupies a prominent position in the list of the best free driver update software available in the market today. It brings all the powerful tools and latest features in one place to help you fix problems with your speakers, cameras, printer, and other external devices.
If you’re looking for the best Windows 10 driver updater tools, then Auslogics’ tool can be the best solution for your machine.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Driver Updater\DriverUpdater.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd
Key Features of Auslogics Driver Updater:
- Installs advanced and latest drivers for your hardware and software devices.
- Prevents driver errors and compatibility issues.
- Improves system stability & performance for a better user experience.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 7.
How to Use Auslogics Driver Updater?
Here’s how to use Auslogics Driver Updater software to keep your Windows drivers up-to-date.
- Launch the Auslogics Driver Updater application on your computer and click on the ‘Scan for driver issues’ button.
- After the scanning process is finished, you will see a list of outdated and missing drivers found on your PC.
- Click on the ‘Update drivers’ button available at the bottom of your screen to install the updated driver software.
- Easy-to-use software with a simple interface
- Up-to-date device driver database
- Offers free driver updates in real-time
- Automaticallycreates restore points before installing drivers
- Convenient scheduler for scanning device drivers
- Relatively lightweight application
- Takes longer than usual to download drivers
- No live chat support for customers
- 8 interface languages only
Pro Tip: The software may often show recommendations for PC drivers you’ve already updated. Thus, to avoid repeat driver downloads and installations, make a list of the device drivers that you’ve already installed on your system.
Auslogics Driver Updater Price
The 1-year license of Auslogics Driver Updater software is available for $33.96. Just like other software, Auslogics also offers discounts on various occasions.
Why Should You Pick Auslogics Driver Updater?
Auslogics Driver Updater helps users find and download original driver updateswithout too much hassle, which makes it a worthy option to try.
Why Should You Not Pick Auslogics Driver Updater?
If faster driver download speed is among your topmost priorities, then we would recommend you to check out otherbest automatic driver updatersmentioned in this list.
9. Driver Genius: An Excellent Program with Vast Driver Database
Moving ahead in our record of best apps for checking for driver updates we have Driver Soft. Developed by Driver-Soft, Driver Genius currently ranks among the best driver update software in the world right now.
Driver Genius’ interface is very easy to navigate and packed with numerous powerful features for better performance and stability of your system. Updating outdated drivers has never been this easy; simply scan your PC for missing and defected drivers and choose the best, certified driver versions in a matter of seconds.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius\DriverGenius.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius\unins000.exe
Signed By: Driver Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Key Features of Driver Genius:
- Over 1 million drivers to ensure your system drivers are always up to date.
- One-click driver updates for smooth hardware functioning.
- Cleaning and PC optimization feature to improve the overall performance of your system.
- Backup and restore device drivers for safety.
- Supports all Windows 7/8/10 (32bit & 64bit).
How to Use Driver Genius?
Here are the few hassle-free steps you can follow to update drivers using Driver Genius.
- Launch the Driver Genius application post successful installation.
- Click on the ‘Start Scan’ button to let the application check for any available driver updates.
- Press the ‘Update’ button to update a specific driver individually. You also have the option to click the ‘Update ALL’ button to update all drivers together.
- Supports 160,000+ device drivers
- System booster & clean-up options
- Ensures smooth hardware functioning
- Hardware temperature monitoring
- Supports all popular Windows editions
- WHQLverified driver versions
- Additional system cleanup features
- Occasionally shows false driver updates
- You have to spend few extra bucks if you want to receive latest upgrades of their product
- Driver download server takes time to download driver updates.
- Cannot work offline
Pro Tip: Use the Drivers Cleanup feature to find and remove leftover driver remnants to free up a significant amount of RAM and keep your system running smoothly.
Driver Genius offers plans for every individual, you get professional ($22.95), platinum ($32.95), and a professional free version. The software under the professional paid and platinum plan can be used on 3 PCs.
Why Should You Pick Driver Genius?
The presence of efficient cleaning modules and auto-backup options make Driver Genius a great addition to the list of best driver updater for Windows 32/64 bit.
Why Should You Not Pick Driver Genius?
If your priorities include offline driver scan and fast download speed, then you should not choose Driver Genius software.
10. AVG Driver Updater: Top Driver Updating Utility For Windows
Next on our list of free driver updater for Windows 10 64 bit is AVG driver updater software. When it comes to fixing outdated drivers instantly, AVG driver updater software is a pretty solid option for both professional and novice users alike. However, this is not a completely free driver updater.
It comes with both free and pro versions. The free trial version auto-scans your computer and attached devices for missing, outdated or broken drivers. While the paid version lets you update them instantly to avoid any performance or hardware-related problems.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\AVG\Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\AVG\Driver Updater\DriverUpdUI.exe
Signed By: AVG Technologies USA, LLC
Key Features of AVG Driver Updater:
- Automatic scanning feature to identify faulty drivers.
- Updates all missing, outdated or corrupt drivers in just a single click.
- Boosts streaming, downloading and browsing speed.
- Over 127,000 official drivers from hundreds of top brands.
- Backs up your device drivers to help you restore older versions.
- Highly compatible with all the recent Windows versions.
How to Use AVG Driver Updater?
You can follow the below steps to repair your drivers using AVG Driver Updater.
- Select the ‘Scan’ option. It will then check the driver database to find the updated versions of all the drivers that are out-of-date on your computer.
- Wait for some time. Let the driver scanning process finish.
- From the list of out-of-date drivers, select the ones that you wish to update and click the ‘Update Selected Drivers’ button.
- Reduces hardware issues like crashing & freezing
- Up-to-date online device driver database
- Backs up your drivers to restore unwanted changes
- Auto-scans your computer for missing or out-of-date drivers
- Flexible scheduler for scanning device drivers
- Provides official drivers from top hardware companies
- A bit expensive product compared to other similar driver updaters
- No additional PC optimization features
- Paid version offers license key for only one PC
Pro Tip: Before scheduling a driver scan, make sure the check box located next to the ‘Automatically check for driver updates’ option is ticked.
AVG Driver UpdaterPrice:
AVG Driver Updater price stays in the middle as it cannot be considered as costly as well as cheap. The license costs $39.99/ year for 1 PC.
Why Should You Pick AVG Driver Updater?
A decent suite of driver management features and simple UI design makes it one of the best driver finder software to try if you wish to update your hardware’s drivers.
Why Should You Not Pick AVG Driver Updater?
If you’re not interested in spending too much money on a single-user license, then AVG Driver Updater is not a good option for you.
Comparative Analysis Of Best Free Driver Update Tools
|Features||Bit Driver Updater||Quick Driver Updater||Driver Booster||Ashampoo Driver Updater||ITL Driver Updater||Driver Easy||DriverHub||Auslogics Driver Updater||Driver Genius||Avg Driver Updater|
|Installation Time||53 Sec||40 Sec||76 Sec||40 Sec||60 Sec||25 Sec||165 Sec||25 Sec||60 Sec||99 Sec|
|Drivers Found on Fresh Windows||6||6||3||5||6||2||2||3||2||1|
|Scanning Time||49 Sec||53 Sec||32 Sec||37 Sec||48 Sec||9 Sec||15 Sec||59 Sec||9 Sec||15 Sec|
|OS compatibility||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP||Windows 10, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8 & 7|
|Installer Size||7.36 MB||5.54 MB||23.8 MB||10.3 MB||7.53 MB||4.95 MB||3.49 MB||12.1 MB||23.3 MB||1.34 MB|
|User Interface- Scale of 10||9||9||8.5||8.5||8.5||8||7||7||7||7|
Few More Impressive Driver Updater Software
DRIVERfighter is a simple tool but still has managed to make its way into the list of best driver updater software for Windows. It flawlessly scans and detects faulty hardware drivers using its fast and accurate driver detection technology.
This drivers program is available in both free and paid versions. The free version only allows users to recover free space and detect out-of-date drivers. So, if you want to update them, you need to purchase its pro edition.
Key Features of DRIVERfighter:
- Fast and accurate driver detections.
- One-click features to help you effectively update the drivers.
- Improves your PC’s health and performance by fixing the driver-related problems.
- Contains a large database of 85,000 device drivers from thousands of hardware manufacturers.
12. Device Doctor
This completely free driver updater version automatically checks your computer to identify which device drivers are not working and causing trouble to the proper functioning of your machine.
The best thing that makes Device Doctor one of the best free driver update software is that it can also find the correct drivers for “unidentified devices” in the Device Manager.
Key Features of Device Doctor:
- Simple, fast & easy-to-use tool.
- Choose the latest drivers from its vast database of more than 13 million official drivers.
- Automatic driver installation.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 (64-bit or 32-bit), 8, 8.1, and 10.
13. Avast Driver Updater
Avast driver updater is the best solution for keeping all your hardware devices in an optimal condition. If you choose to install this software, then it will ensure that your Windows 10 PC encounters fewer crashes and driver-related issues.
This is definitely one of the best driver updater for Windows 10, enabled with real-time automatic scan provision to detect outdated or missing drivers and also checks for the latest available driver updates just in the blink of an eye. However, you will need to purchase its pro edition to update out-of-date drivers found in the scanning process.
Key Features of Avast Driver Updater:
- It offers compatibility across a huge number of brands.
- Creates backup of all individuals device drivers for easy restoration.
- It is capable of fixing all the device drivers with the scaled installation process.
- Boosts your PC’s performance and maintains graphics and audio drivers updated to enhance the gaming experience.
14. Driver Talent
Driver Talent, formerly known as DriveTheLife, is another best driver update software that comes with a plethora of powerful features to help you fix all driver-related issues within a few minutes. Additionally, it comes with an in-built driver database which helps users install the best-matched, official system drivers without the need of any internet connection.
This driver software has a fairly intuitive, clutter-free interface which is available in more than 15 languages including German, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic, and French.
Key Features of Driver Talent:
- Safest driver updater for detecting and fixing outdated drivers.
- Quickly scans out-of-date or incompatible drivers.
- Automatic online driver updates
- It offers a one-click fix to all common PC issues.
- Pre-download or save device drivers for another computer.
- 100% compatible with all available Windows OS.
15. DriverPack Solution
Similar to other free drivers update software, DriverPack holds strong capabilities to find and repair common driver problems in the shortest possible time frame. This advanced driver updater claims to offer the largest driver database and helped over 40 million unique users worldwide with its accurate detection and latest driver installations.
It allows users to easily download and install drivers for every kind of hardware device, including Bluetooth, Network card, Wi-Fi device, TV-tuner, Modem, Printer, and more.
Key Features of DriverPack Solution:
- The tool makes scanning for updating drivers effortless.
- It offers a vast database of unique system drivers.
- Installs drivers from all popular manufacturers and brands.
- Compatible with all popular Windows operating systems.
Also Read: Best Free Mac Cleaner Software to Clean and Optimize your Mac
16. Wise Driver Care
It is another driver updater utility that aims to reduce frequent system crashes, sluggish performance, and other driver-related problems by installing correct and compatible driver versions.
Being one of the top driver updaters in the market, Wise Driver Care offers a wide range of features like scheduled scans, automatic driver installation, and driver backups to ensure the proper functioning of all hardware and external devices that are connected to your system.
Key Features of Wise Driver Care:
- Reduces system crashes and driver-related errors.
- Automatic scanning and full driver backup & recovery options.
- Latest driver updates for over 600,000 devices.
- Compatible with Windows Vista/7/8/10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
DriverMax is one of the most powerful driver update programs that helps you unlock your system’s full potential by updating all the outdated or corrupt drivers.
However, it is to be noted that it’s not a completely free driver updater as it comes with both free and paid versions. While the free version scans and generates the list of all missing and out-of-date drivers, the pro version automatically updates them to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions without the need for manual interruption.
Key Features of DriverMax:
- Supports more than 2,300,000 devices to keep all your drivers up to date
- Automatically downloads and installs recommended drivers and updates.
- Backs up and restores your device drivers for safety.
- Schedule scans to help you run automatic scans at a time that is convenient for you.
- Official drivers for all your hardware and attached devices.
- Fully compatible with all the latest Windows versions.
DriverAgent is another best free driver update software that keeps a track of all installed drivers and lets you identify and update the ones which are missing from your system.
Once you install the application, it starts analyzing your computer and generates a detailed report of all out-of-date and missing drivers which need immediate action. However, you will need to purchase a license key if you want to update them to the most recent versions.
Key Features of DriverAgent:
- Fast and user-friendly driver management utility.
- Extremely lightweight application.
- Displays the list of all out-of-date drivers.
- Backup & Restore options.
- Supports all Windows editions.
19. Driver Magician
Here’s another PC or laptop driver update software is Driver Magician. Are you looking to update the drivers of Windows 10? Well, your quest ends here! Driver Magician is one of the best Windows 10 driver updater tools in 2022.
Driver Magician is a bit different compared to other standard driver updater tools. Unlike other best driver updates, this tool allows users to clone all available device drivers to an auto-setup package (.exe) – so you can restore them even without installing its application.
Also, its built-in live hardware identifier database can help you detect all unknown devices on your computer.
Key Features of Driver Magician:
- Most compatible driver utility with a simple and elegant interface
- Improves overall PC performance and stability.
- Backs up all device drivers and lets you restore them in a single click.
- Identifies unknown devices in your system.
- It comes with a driver uninstall option.
If you are trying to find out the best driver updater tool for your PC, then you can definitely install the Driver Finder software as it will efficiently find the most precise drivers to keep your computer updated.
The driver database of this tool is massive as it is sourced from various device manufacturers from all corners of the world continuously.
Being one of the best driver software solutions in the market, it offers support for various types of devices, including printer, camera, graphic card, keyboard, USB, etc.
Key Features of DriverFinder:
- It can quickly locate and install drivers on your system.
- The application is self-updating to ensure that customers can avail its latest features instantaneously.
- You can backup specific drivers with this tool and restore them when needed.
- They offer round the clock customer support services.
21. Driver Reviver
Another alternative software for free driver downloads is Driver Reviver. It is considered as the most popular and one of the best Windows driver update software. It ensures that the drivers of your computer hardware are updated to the latest versions.
It boasts some of the most exceptional driver management features like automatic creation and restoration of driver backups, exclusion of drivers from the scanning process, and so on.
However, it is not a completely free driver updater software for Windows 10 and older versions of OS. It comes with both the paid as well as a free version in the market. Driver Reviver identifies outdated drivers by carefully scanning your PC.
Key Features of Driver Reviver:
- Driver Reviver helps in enhancing the performance of your PC hardware.
- It detects and provides a list of old and outdated drivers very quickly.
- Itreplaces the old and faulty drivers with the updated and correct drivers for your PC.
Another computer driver update software is Driver Support. With a very comprehensive set of features and elegant user interface, Driver Support comes next on our list of best free driver updater tools. Unlike some of its competitors, this automatic driver updater comes with a smart device matching technology that helps provide the most accurate and latest driver versions of the outdated or corrupt hardware.
The only downside is that you can’t install the automated computer driver updates without purchasing its paid version, which is available for $9.99/month.
Key Features of DriverSupport:
- Driver update search and matching technology for providing accurate updates.
- Real-time device driver monitoring.
- The software helps update PC drivers with minimal effort.
- It boasts an easy-to-use driver scan scheduler.
- It contains additional tools like system cleanup, software protection, etc.
23. WinZip Driver Updater
Here’s another one of the best driver updater tools for Windows 10 and previous editions of the OS. WinZip Driver Updater is an extremely safe and easy to use software and has lots of attractive features like automatic backups and scan scheduler.
The program not only helps auto detect drivers for Windows 10, 8 & 7 but also lets you safely install them with only a simple click for smooth hardware functioning. It might come last in the list of best driver updaters of 2022, but it is definitely worth a try for updating the device drivers automatically.
Key Features of WinZip Driver Updater:
- It quickly identifies and replaces incorrect, faulty, and outdated drivers.
- It helps safely install the newer driver versions directly from original manufacturers.
- It automatically creates driver backups before installing updates.
- It allows users to execute scheduled scans for Windows device drivers.
24. Snappy Driver Installer
Anyone who’s looking to use a completely free driver updater for PC should try out Snappy Driver Installer. This free piece of software represents a potent solution to quickly find the best matching drivers for your hardware devices and install them with just a single click.
The fact that it can be launched from a portable drive represents a great advantage over many similar driver updating tools. Another helpful feature is the way it automatically creates a restore point before updating a driver. It does this to ensure you can always roll back to a previous driver version in case something goes wrong during the driver update process.
Key Features of Snappy Driver Installer:
- This open-source software is compatible with all Windows versions, including server editions.
- It uses a very smart driver matching algorithm for identifying the device driver updates.
- You have the option of customizing the theme of the software according to your own preferences.
- The interface of Snappy Driver Installer is available in 27 different languages.
- The software is entirely free from intrusive pop-up adverts, viruses, or malware infections.
25. Driver Fix
Another name amongst the best driver updater and troubleshooting software is Driver Fix. It is a safe and secure tool that also improves the health of your PC. The completely automatic software scans provide the latest drivers for your device. Fix missing, outdated, or broken drivers easily using the tool.
- Latest Version: V4.2021.8.30
- Processor 1GHz Intel/AMD or faster
- HDD Space: 100 MB or more free space
- OS: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, or 7
- Scan and Update all the outdated drivers with just one click
- Creates driver backups that can be restored whenever required
- The controls provided by the software are easy
- Downloads can be scheduled
- It also has a Download manager that displays the progress of download for all the files
How to use Driver Fix?
Step 1: Download the tool Driver Fix and install it by following the on screen instructions.
Step 2: Run the installed file and wait as the software completes the analysis of your device.
Step 3: Check the checkbox for drivers that needs to be updated and click on the Update option. Or simply download all the updates using Update all button at the top right corner of the window.
Step 4: Follow the instructions to install the drivers respectively. Restart your device to apply the driver updates.
- Quickly fixes incompatible or outdated drivers
- Performs the tasks quickly and efficiently
- Multiple languages and user friendly interface
- Lightweight and consumes fewer PC resources
- Large database for drivers
- macOS version is unavailable
- Exceptional features available only with the Pro version
- Download speed is below average in the Free version
- Older drivers must be removed manually
Driver Fix Pricing:
Although the tool can be downloaded for free. But the free version has limited features. The following paid packs are available to use the complete functionalities of the driver updater tool. Unlock the type of license that matches your requirements.
- Personal Pack – $19.95 (1 pc)
- Family Pack – $19.95 (3 pcs)
- Extended Pack – $39.95 (10 pcs)
Common Device Driver Problems and their Solutions
|Fix USB 3.0 Driver Issue||Fix Canon Printer Driver Issue|
|Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working Issue||Fix Sony VAIO Driver Issues|
|Fix Generic PNP Monitor Driver||Fix “Printer Not Responding” Error on Windows PC|
|Fix Webcam Not Working|
Frequently Asked Questions about Driver Updater Software
Q1. What is a driver updater Software?
Driver updater Software is an easy to use program that allows you to identify outdated or corrupted drivers present in your computer and then updates them to the latest driver versions without any kind of human intervention.
Q2. How does a driver updater tool work?
Device driver updater tool basically works by scanning through your computer, identifying your hardware, and providing you with a detailed report on missing or outdated drivers it detects. Most of these tools match the date/version of drivers and check their manufacturer driver database to see if there are new driver updates available for your hardware devices.
After that, they let you quickly replace your old or bad drivers with certified and latest manufacturer-recommended driver versions through their automatic driver installer feature.
Q3. Why do you need a driver update software?
Downloading and installing the appropriate and updated Windows drivers manually can be a very hectic and annoying experience for most users. Moreover, there is a risk of installing the wrong or infected driver that can further lead to hardware failures and adversely affect your computer’s performance.
Hence, you need a driver updater software that not only helps you identify all the outdated or broken drivers on your computer but also updates them automatically to the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers to keep your hardware functioning at its best.
Q4. How to Choose the Best Driver Update Software?
While choosing a driver updater tool, it is extremely important that you pay close attention to the set of features that it claims to provide. Make sure you choose a certified and trusted product that offers powerful features like automatic scanning, an extensive driver database, genuine drivers, backup options, and more.
Before shortlisting the perfect one, it is also suggested to consider a few other factors as well such as ease-of-use, customer support, and user reviews.
Q5. What are the qualities of best driver updater software for Windows?
A good Windows driver updater program must have the following qualities:
- Extensive Driver Database: It contains a vast database of official drivers from top hardware manufacturer brands.
- User-friendly Interface: It comes with a clean and elegant interface that allows you to effortlessly navigate through and select your desired options.
- Fast & Accurate Driver Detection Technology: A powerful driver updater is capable of performing a thorough scan of the entire PC and providing you with a detailed list of all missing, outdated and defective drivers present on your system.
- One-Click Driver Update: It lets you update all faulty hardware drivers to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions in just one-click.
- Official Driver Updates: It installs only official, WHQL certifies drivers, thereby eliminating the risk of installing inappropriate and malware-infected drivers
- Backup & Restore: It takes a complete backup of existing Windows drivers to ensure users can roll back to the previous driver version whenever they want.
- Time Saver: The top driver updater saves you a lifetime of effort that you would have wasted into searching for drivers manually.
- Performance Booster: The best driver updater is the one that supercharges the performance of your computer and makes it perform like a new machine.
- High Compatibility: A dedicated driver updater tool must support all the latest versions of the Windows operating system.
Q6. What is the Best Free Driver Updater for Windows 10?
I would definitely go with Bit Driver Updater. Several users who have reported performance and driver-related problems claimed success by using Bit Driver Updater. The tool not only effortlessly finds all out-of-date or corrupt hardware drivers but allows users to update them to the latest, compatible ones for free in just a single click.
Q7. Is It Safe to Use a Driver Updater?
Yes, driver software is a safe option when it comes to optimizing your computer for peak performance and fixing driver-related problems. However, it is always recommended that you download and install such programs or apps only from their official website.
Q8. Do I need a different driver updater for Windows10 and other OS versions?
No, most drivers updater available in the present marketplace supports all versions of Windowsoperating systems.
Q9. Where are Windows 10 Drivers Installed?
The drivers in Windows 10 can be installed in C:\WINDOWS\inf and C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers. Moreover, Windows 10 also manages a driver cache in the DriverStore directory on your PC. You can locate this system directory by heading to the C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository.
Q10. How to Know If Drivers are Up to Date?
You can either use Device Manager to manually identify (as explained above) if your system drivers are up-to-date or can get an automatic driver update utility to detect and install the right ones automatically on your PC.
Q11. How to Check for Missing or Outdated Drivers?
Here’s how to identify if your system drivers are up-to-date:
- First, click on the Start button, search for Device Manager, and then select from the list of results.
- Inside the Device Manager utility, double-click on the hardware device you want to identify drivers for.
- The Device Properties Window will then appear, showing the information about your device under the “Device status” section.
- If the Device status area is showing “This device is working properly,” it means that your device drivers are up-to-date. If not, look for any driver error messages or error codes flashing up on that screen to seek help.
If you’re still having trouble identifying the outdated or missing drivers, you can always go for an automatic driver update utility.
Q12. Why Is It Important to Update Drivers?
Hardware manufacturers often release software updates to fix bugs and patch security risks which they have discovered. Moreover, the latest hardware manufacturer updates contain new improved features and functionalities for hardware components. Using outdated drivers, you may start getting driver errors or computer may become unstable, less efficient, and even lead to hardware failures. For instance, a graphics card with an outdated driver may lead to stuttering issues when playing the latest 3D video games or you may face excess heating issues that can harm your hardware components. Keeping drivers updated helps prevent such device conflicts and ensures smooth hardware functioning!
Q13. Does updating drivers increase performance?
Yes, updating drivers regularly not only prevents device conflicts but also improves the stability and overall performance of your Windows PC.
Q14. How often should you update drivers?
As soon as a new software update or security patch is available you should update your drivers to avoid any kind of compatibility issues with your hardware components.
Q15. What is the best way to update drivers?
The best way to update device drivers is to use an automatic driver update utility. Using such tools not only makes the driver updating process fast and effortless but also eliminates the risk of installing wrong or harmful software programs.
Q16. Does Windows 10 install drivers automatically?
Yes, Windows 10 automatically detects and installs new drivers for a wide range of hardware devices. However, it is important to note that every now and then you may need to install drivers manually for several reasons.
Q17. Can I download and update drivers manually?
Although, manually updating drivers in Windows 10 is a pesky affair, but if you still want to try it out, here are the methods:
Using Microsoft Update Catalog
You can manually download and install the latest driver software for Windows 10 and other versions of the OS using the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Here’s how:
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog
- In the search bar, type the name of the device for which you want to update the drivers, and click theSearchbutton.
- Now, you will get a list of matching updates. Locate the update corresponding with your version of Windows and then click theDownloadbutton.
- After the update gets downloaded, just double-click on it to install it on your system.
Update Drivers Using Device Manager
- Go to the search and open Device Manager
- Now right-click on the device name and select Update Driver option
- On the next screen, select Search automatically for updated driver software
- If a newer update is available, the wizard will install the package automatically, if it doesn’t find a new device driver, you can try and find the one on the official manufacturer’s website
Install Driver from Manufacturer’s Website
In case you don’t find any updates for your drivers via Device Manager, you can also download and install the latest Windows drivers manually from the manufacturer’s support website.
However, sometimes even if you visit their official manufacturer’s website the device drivers are difficult to find – you need to explore a long time but can’t get the compatible Windows drivers in the end.
But, if you still like to manually install a driver, here are the driver download links of some of the most popular hardware manufacturers:
- Intel Driver & Software Updates
- HP Driver and Software Downloads
- NVIDIA Driver Downloads
- Dell Drivers & Downloads
- Lenovo Driver Updates
Q18. Why device drivers should not be downloaded from third-party sites?
Tracking down the correct drivers for your specific flavor of Windows versionand peripherals on third-party driver download websites is the most frustrating and time-consuming job. Also, there’s a huge risk of installing wrong, malicious, or unsigned drivers.
Q19. How to check whether a downloaded device driver is not a virus?
To verify whether the downloaded driver file contains any kind of virus and malicious content, you can go to the VirusTotal website, and upload it using the “Choose file” option.
VirusTotal website is a subsidiary of Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. which is designed to help users analyze suspicious URLs and files to check for virusesand other kinds of malicious content.
Q20. How to Verify a Driver’s Version?
Identifying the driver version is pretty simple, here’s how:
- Open Device Manager
- Double-click on the hardware device you want to identify the driver version for and then select ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the Driver tab and check your current driver version
Q21. What are the Common Driver Related Errors?
Let’s have a quick look at some of the common driver error messages:
- “USB Device not recognized”
- “There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter”
- “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”
- “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” (BSOD Error)
- “Windows cannot connect to the printer”, “Printer driver is unavailable” or “The printer driver cannot connect to the network print server”
- “No audio output device is installed”
Q22. How Can I Resolve Driver Related Concerns?
The easiest solution is a dedicated driver update program that offers a wide array of optimization and driver-management tools to help you fix common PC issues like crashes, no audio and network-connectivity issues, printer problems, BSOD errors, poor game performance, and much more.
Q23. What are WHQL Drivers?
WHQL is an abbreviation for Windows Hardware Quality Labs. WHQL drivers are the tested, certified, and signed drivers under Microsoft’s testing process.
Q24. How Do I Know if a Driver is WHQL?
For this, you can use the DirectX Diagnostic tool to know whether the installed drivers are WHQL signed drivers or not. Apart from this, you can also seek help from the Driver Verifier Manager to ensure WHQL certified driver signature.
Q25. What is the Difference Between WHQL and Non-WHQL drivers?
The difference is the stamp provided by Microsoft. WHQL drivers are tested and approved by Microsoft. Whereas, the non-WHQL drivers are just a kind of beta drivers. Also, the vendors prefer to have WHQL signed drivers.
Q26. How to Update drivers for free?
If downloading the driver update manually from the website of manufacturer is not your forte you can pick any of the best driver update software free or paid version from the above list. Go through the list and find the one that matches your system specifications and requirements. —
Q27. What is the best Driver updater?
The above list mentions 24 best automatic driver updater tools. However, Bit Driver Updater is one of the most preferred tool to automatically update drivers on your device. This is because of it’s enhanced functionalities.
Q28. What’s the best free driver Updater?
Bit Driver Updater tool is best free driver updater for Windows 11, 10, 8 or 7 devices. It allows you to download drivers with a single click or even schedule these pending updates to your convenient time.
Q29. How to update drivers in windows 7?
Pick any of the free driver updater software for Windows 7 64 bit from the above list. Use the driver updater for Windows 7 to update drivers on your device automatically.
Q30. Which Driver updater is completely free?
The best free driver updater for Windows 11, 10 or older version devices is Bit Driver Updater. However, the upgraded Pro version of the software is paid and unlocks the whole potential of the software. Driver Hub, AVG driver update, device Doctor and Driver Max are some of the driver downloader tools available completely free. We have attached the link of latest driver updater freeware full versions, download them to automatically update system drivers.
Update Drivers in One-Click with Best Driver Updater Software for Windows 10 (2022)
That’s a wrap of our list of best free driver updater 2022. This concludes our article that will give you a clear insight on how to shortlist the best free driver updater software for Windows PC to update outdated drivers.
All of these aforementioned driver updating software helps download the latest driver versions within the snap of a finger and makes sure your PC stays running at peak performance. If you need recommendations, then we would suggest using BitDriver Updater for a wide range of powerful driver-management tools. It will definitely be our pick for free windows driver updater. Get any of these Windows driver updaters now and update all out-of-date device drivers automatically with ease.
Do you think we missed to mention any highly-rated tool? If yes, please let us know your thoughts and picks on the subject in the comments section below.
The first version of the software is the Lite version, which is completely free for any number of computers. This version is capable of searching your computer's drivers and detecting any that are missing, outdated, or mismatched in some way.
- Find the best driver update software.
- AVG Driver Updater.
- Avast Driver Updater.
- Device Doctor.
- IObit Driver Booster 9.
- #1) System Mechanic Ultimate Defense.
- #2) Outbyte Driver Updater.
- #3) DriverFix.
- #4) Ashampoo® Driver Updater.
- #5) Smart Driver Care.
- #6) AVG Driver Updater.
- #7) IOBit Driver Booster 7.
- #8) Driver Easy.
WinZip Driver Updater is a free software to update device drivers on your Windows 11/10 PC. The tool not only downloads the device driver but also creates a system restore point as well as backs up the existing driver before proceeding to install the new version.
It will also help speed up your computer, boost your online privacy, clear up valuable space, and run a health check, and more. You can try CCleaner Professional and its Driver Updater for free and use it for 14 days to see how you get along.
What makes CCleaner the best driver updater is both its breadth of coverage and the fact that it has a long history of safe use. Since drivers are being updated, anything that goes wrong could potentially crash your computer, so being able to trust CCleaner is quite important.
In general, we don't recommend updating hardware drivers unless you have a reason to. The driver for the SD card reader that came built into your computer is probably just fine. Even if the manufacturer does offer a slightly newer version, you probably won't notice the difference.
There is a way to update all your drivers at once and for free: download Driver Booster and install it. Open the program and click on the Scan button, Driver Booster will display a list of your outdated device drivers; click on Update Now and wait while the program update all of your drivers.
- BIOS updates.
- CD or DVD drive drivers and firmware.
- Display drivers.
- Keyboard drivers.
- Mouse drivers.
- Modem drivers.
- Motherboard drivers, firmware, and updates.
Avast Driver Updater is a reliable tool to detect old, corrupt, missing, or outdated drivers to fix them. Overall it's a good product with the ideal features to keep your drivers in check.
Is WinZip Driver Updater safe? No, WinZip Driver Updater is a scam app designed to steal user data and fleece users into paying for a useless premium subscription. While WinZip Driver Updater won't wreck your computer, you should remove it as soon as possible by following these steps.
WinZip Driver Updater can help optimize performance and improve your PC's reliability. You can download a free trial version of the software which allows users to fix issues manually. WinZip Driver Updater's full registered version offers features which can make updating your drivers faster, easier and more convenient.
While there are a few legitimate programs you can install that will monitor your machine's hardware drivers and alert you when an update is available for one or more of them, the vast majority of those programs are nothing more than scams. The truth is you don't need those programs.
When you download Device Updater, you'll be prompted to scan your computer first to determine which drivers need to be updated and which aspects need some tweaking to maximize performance. The scan is free, but you'll need to upgrade to the premium version to address all the issues.
Driver Update is a legitimate software by Slimware Utilities, however it is considered as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) and therefore isn't needed on a computer.
Your search for the best driver updater for Windows 11/10/8/7 ends here. Let's review some of the best tools available for free & paid you should try in 2022.
To update your drivers from time to time, you should get the best driver updater software for Windows 11/10/8/7 in 2022 .. Updating drivers manually could be an option when you need to update couple of device drivers on your Windows PC.. It is always better to use the best driver update software for Windows, if you have a lot of outdated drivers that need to be updated.. Here, we have covered top driver updater solutions such as Auslogics Driver Updater to Ashampoo Driver Updater and more to update all outdated drivers effortlessly.. Auslogics Driver UpdaterIObit Driver Booster 9 ProAVG Driver Updater · Excellent ability to treat the corrupted driver. · One push restore option. Auslogics Driver Updater is an advanced solution that helps you update all outdated drivers on your Windows system in one click.. IObit driver updater software can help you automatically update all your drivers in the tool itself.. Advanced Driver Updater is a free driver updater to download the latest version of drivers on your system.. Full-scale driver archive Capable of installing latest drivers Self-executing driver update Superior restore and backup features. This is very simple and user-friendly Windows driver update software supports over 150,000 devices with more than 400,000 drivers database.. First, Search automatically for updated driver software that you can use to let Windows search & install latest driver updates on your PC automatically.
List of top 6 free driver updater software for Windows 10/8/7. Update drivers of your computer components with ease.
Check the 6 best free driver updater software for Windows 10/8/7, and how to use Windows Device Manager and Windows Update to update drivers in Windows.. On This Page :If you don’t want to go to the hardware manufacturer website to find the device drivers you want to update, you can use a free driver updater software to update device drivers installed on your Windows computer.. Besides, this free driver updater lets you backup selected/all system drivers before updating, and restore drivers if something goes wrong after updating.. Click Windows Update , and click Check for updates button to perform a Windows update, and it will also update the device drivers.. You can either use Device Manager, Windows Update or third-party top free driver updater software to update the outdated drivers on Windows 10/8/7 computer.. You can update drivers for free via Device Manager, Windows Update or free driver updater software.. Driver Booster, Smart Driver Care, Driver Easy, DriverMax, Driver Talent, Avast Driver Updater are good choices.
Get the Best Bluetooth software for Windows 10 and update all outdated & missing Bluetooth drivers to resolve Bluetooth connectivity issues in just one-click.
Download best Bluetooth software for Windows 10 to seamlessly detect the nearby Bluetooth devices and establish a reliable connection for transferring files at lightning-fast speed.. Now that you know the importance of updating installed Windows drivers, let’s see how you can effortlessly update your Bluetooth driver for Windows 10 in just a few seconds without any kind of human intervention.. So, if you’re having problems with your Bluetooth drivers, then this free Bluetooth software for Windows PC is indeed a great choice.. Intel Wireless Bluetooth software brings all the latest updates and functionalities to help you fix common Bluetooth connectivity issues, making it the ‘most versatile driver software for Windows 10’ of all time.. It is another excellent Bluetooth software for Windows 10 that allows users to connect their nearby Bluetooth devices to a computer.. So, if the Bluetooth suddenly stopped working or doesn’t detect devices anymore on Windows 10 PC or laptop, you need the best Bluetooth drivers for your system.. 100% free Bluetooth software for PC Cable-free communication for a variety of devices Single-click functionality for adding Bluetooth to PCs Supports for all kinds of Bluetooth-powered peripherals Supports all modern Windows operating systems. When it comes to fixing Bluetooth device driver issues, NirSoft’s free Bluetooth software for Windows is a pretty solid option.. However, if the problem persists after you’ve installed bluetooth driver on Windows 10, don’t panic just yet because there is still a solution that can help you resolve all potential device conflicts and Bluetooth connectivity issues.. It is one of the best Bluetooth software available for Windows which scans for both remote and local Bluetooth devices including mobile phones, Bluetooth dongles, laptops, headphones, and many more.
Best software uninstallers for Windows 11/10/8/7 are designed to help you remove programs in bulk. Let’s review advanced app uninstallers you should use in 2022.
It helps you remove all types. of programs.. With IObit Uninstaller 10 Pro, you can uninstall programs completely and clean leftovers automatically in 2022.Not only that, it helps you update software easily on your device.. Revo Uninstaller offers clean removal of any program from your PC.. Supports all Windows versions. and also available as portable solution Free professional technical. support. It deep scans your system storage and lists down all installed programs with appropriate icons.. Wise Program Uninstaller helps you remove programs completely and safely.. Use this free software uninstaller for Windows to ensure clean and thorough software uninstallation.. The Forced Uninstall feature of. the tool helps you remove stubborn programs.. It helps you uninstall programs. in batch.. Geek Uninstaller offers clean removal and force removal options to deliver effective uninstallation results.. You can download it on your PC or use it as a portable software uninstaller to remove programs on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions.. You can use this software to. uninstall Windows Store apps.. Offers limited features in free. version. It supports all Windows. versions.. It helps you remove programs,. clean leftovers, force uninstall, and automatically uninstall according to. premade lists.
What is the best driver update software to choose in 2022?
Driver Booster - Our choice Driver Talent - With repair tools ITL Driver Updater - With Scheduler tool Avast Driver Updater - Scan, update and fix Advanced Driver Updater - Great gaming performance DriverFinder - Lightweight updater Ashampoo Driver Updater - Simple updater AVG Driver Updater - Regular driver updates Free Driver Scout - Automatic driver update DriverMax - Free auto scan Snappy Driver Installer - Fast driver updater Driver Easy - Scan without the Internet Driver Identifier - Library of 25mln drivers Device Doctor - Portable driver updater. Update in one click Wide library of drivers Restore point Scheduled scans for outdated drivers Unlimited driver downloads and updates. With repair tools Recovery of the faulty drivers Detailed descriptions of drivers You don’t have to manually download drivers Driver’s backup before each installation or deletion. Automatic driver update Setting of the automatic drivers’ updates Simultaneous download of several drivers Support of the scheduled drivers’ updates OS Migration Tool. Fast driver updater Installation of drivers in the autonomous mode Fast drivers’ installation Finds drivers’ copies Unlimited number of downloads and updates. Verdict: Snappy Driver Installer is free drivers update software that offers to install drivers both online and offline.. Verdict: Downloading Driver Identifier, you get one of the best free driver updaters with a library of 25 million device drivers.. Portable driver updater You don’t have to install the software for scanning More than 3 TB of drivers in the database Drivers’ check for compatibility Regular database updates
Windows does have a firewall built-in, but did you know there are other options? Here's a list of the best free firewall programs we could find.
We especially appreciate how easy it is to add programs to the block or allow list.. You can also see all your computer's running applications and services from this window.. Not all features you see are free to use.. It works by loading a list of IP addresses that the program will use to block your access to—both outgoing and incoming connections.. This works by simply listing all the running programs and having the option to add it to the list of blocked programs.. It protects your computer from malicious registry changes, pop-up windows, flash banners, and most advertisements.. R-Firewall has all the features you'd expect to find in a firewall program but the interface isn't very easy to use.. When Ashampoo FireWall is first launched, you're given an option to walk through a wizard in Easy Mode or Expert Mode to setup program which programs should be allowed or blocked from using the network.